Cost Assessment / Outsourcing
SCG and its international affiliates offer an innovative, professional low cost assessment for companies planning to:
- Consolidate manufacturing plants or warehouse/distribution centers,
- Reduce direct and indirect labor costs,
- Streamline material flow and product flow,
- Improve space utilization and worker productivity,
- Reduce capital "lock-up" and increase inventory turns,
- Reduce or enlarge the size of plants or warehouse/distribution centers, and/or
- Expand, contract, outsource and/or relocate production or distribution operations in the homeland country or other countries.
Even when considering outsourcing operations to Asia, (China, India, etc.) many western based companies are not fully aware of the cost multipliers and fees that are typically applied against labor content. The benefits of low labor cost can be quickly offset by in-theater competitors working “smarter.” Expected cost advantages may easily be lost. World-class companies have learned the hard way and make it a policy to prepare an optimized and streamlined operational plan before start-up elsewhere.
The Sims Group can usually complete an exploratory plant/warehouse visit and an opportunity assessment report for US$2,700, depending on the location(s) involved. To arrange an opportunity assessment for your operations, please contact us through our internet contact page form.